Greenvale Day Camp
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Your child will have the time of their life at our summer day camp. We have offer a quality, structured program at an affordable price. Daily activities can include: Crafts, Games, Sports, Brain Games, Science and Nature Activities, and Performing Arts.
Greenvale Getaway Camp is an outdoor day camp, for campers from ages 4 1/2 -15 held at Greenvale Park (2260 New Hackensack Rd., Route 376). We do not have an indoor "rainy day location" this year.
The camp will open on July 6 and run for six weeks. To accommodate your family's plans, you can register for all the weeks or just the ones you would like. Each week will have a different weekly theme, making each just a little bit different. Week 1 has been cancelled.
Our normal camp hours are from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Extended hours care is available from 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM and from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
Our staff is carefully selected, trained and motivated to offer the best camp experience for your child. Many return several summers. The Staff to Camper ratio at 1:5 is one of the best in the area.
Our plan will include the CDC guidelines for running a day camp with the "Lowest Risk: Small groups of campers stay together all day, each day. Campers remain at least 6 feet apart and do not share objects. Outdoor activities are prioritized. All campers are from the local geographic area."
2020 Camp Welcome Packet
Camp Information and additional forms to be filled out. (copy and paste into your browser)
Typical Daily Schedule
Here is a sample of a typical day in camp. We divide the campers into six groups by ages in camp for that week. Each group has its own rotation to follow so this schedule will vary.
7:30-9:00 Extended Hours Care is available
9:00 Arrival at camp, groups gather, attendance taken, announcements made
9:20 Brain Games Activity
10:20 Performing Arts Activity
11:00 Break and Snack Time
11:15 Sports and Games Activity
12:45 Arts and Crafts Activity
1:25 Weekly Theme Activity
2:20 Science and Nature Activity
3:15 Group Time
4:00-6:00 Extended Hours Care is available
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Please review the Town's Cancellation and Refund Policy. It can be found under the LINKS section below.
• The cost for residents of the Town of Poughkeepsie to attend the camp is $150 per week. The Extended Hours Program is $30 per week additional.
• Non-Town of Poughkeepsie residents are welcome to participate. The non-resident fee is $180 per week
• Registration closes for a particular week when capacity for that week is full or on the Thursday of the prior week (whichever comes first). Due to concerns about the COVID-19 virus, the capacity of the camp will be much smaller than in the past.
• Once the capacity of the camp is reached, a waiting list will be established. If you are on the waiting list, you will be notified if a space becomes available to you.
Health Department Permit Notice
Greenvale Day Camp operates under permit issued by the Dutchess County Health Department. The camp is required to be inspected twice yearly; the inspection reports and required plans are filed at the Dutchess County Health Department , 85 Civic Center Plaza, Suite 106, Poughkeepsie, NY 2601 and are available for review.
The CDC and the Dutchess County Health Department STRONGLY RECOMMENDS that individuals with the following conditions NOT attend camp.
People of all ages with underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, including:
• People with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
• People who have serious heart conditions
• People who are immunocompromised. Many conditions can cause a person to be immunocompromised, including cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications
• People with severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 40 or higher)
• People with diabetes
• People with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis
• People with liver disease
Additional Forms and Files: